02 November 2007

sticky situation

Perfection is a subjective thought.

Many seek perfection in everyday life. From work to food, people perform their own best in order to fulfill their expectation. But really, where is the "bar" to flawlessness? Is your limit at the same measure as someone else's? Does a measure exist at it's most dispassionate perspective? I think not.

As sad as it is, one of the few people who will think that we are perfect is our mothers. Sometimes, it gets to the point where they think we can excel in every activity, curriculum or skill. They think we can do it, even though we are conscious that we can not. Sadly, my mother is like that.

Food is also another thing that people expect perfection in. In my area, most restaurants become "American-ized," where any cuisine tastes different from its native culture. Targeting Chinese food, many restaurants cook dishes that are no where related to any province in China or Taiwan. Panda Express becomes the overwhelmingly sweetened while others lack the quality ingredients that are only found in their indigenous country. Thus, the dishes taste dry and unfulfilling.

I am normally dissatisfied of the many "Chinese" dishes served in restaurants. However, Apo Apo has welcomed many with authentic Taiwanese dishes such as 炸排骨 and 豆腐花. One of the only Chinese restaurants that I recommend.

Apo Apo (阿婆 阿婆)
(626) 912-2113

1 comment:

Jono said...

Apo Apo FTW!~ (for the win!) hehe
I still remember when I split the rice in half but then you panicked because you forgot to take a picture, so I pieced the two pieces of rice mountain back together LOL!

Our limits might be the same as someone else's but not everyone's limits are the same. The way I see it, our limits are limited by our potential. If we maximize our potential, then we've reached out limits ^_^ Some people have great potential, but they just don't maximize it :P

Sometimes parents do get carried away on what their kids can do but that's just their nature :P at least for Asian parents xD

-Jono