The other side of linguini. Strictly seafood.I think I'm not particularly used to Hong Kong cuisine. Is it just me or do they like to experiment with different cuisines in one? Or should I say it's multicultural? Or even colorful? It's so difficult to put in words! Unlike most other Asian cuisines that I've had, Hong Kong has various tastes that appears incompatible. Like fitting a circle into a square hole, one may think that different types of food wouldn't complement each other. Hong Kong is unique from their culture. Although it's technically Asian, it's so open with other cultures that it just mixes in like a stew. I found it really cool how they can add linguini, an Italian pasta, and stir fry it with seafood into this new Asian taste.
After ordering the same dish twice, I think I learned my lesson to never get anything that has the word "sole." I'm sorry, but I don't find eating fish with a rich creamy sauce appetizing, which is pretty common in Hong Kong cafes. I always thought that there would be a grilled only sole available, but they always add the creamy sauce. Bleh. Actually, I'm not used to having seafood smothered with cream sauce in general, I normally eat them raw or grilled/cooked/fried/anything that is not smothered with creamy sauce.
I think Hong Kong is too ahead of me. I find that I'm more conservative when it comes to food, does that even make sense? It's weird really. I think it's the mix of cultures...I'm not used to the fact that Italian cuisine is mixed with a sense of neo-"Chinese" taste, or how the way they cook the filet mignon in a "French" style but really it's Hong Kong style. It's just different for me. I need to get used to it!
Enough of my I'm-not-used-to-this rambling. Anyways, I must say, Red Ant Cafe was not bad, besides the fact that I got the same dish that I didn't want. The environment is very small, yet personal and clean.
Red Ant Cafe @ Life Plaza
I really wish I had a part-time job. My mom has been nagging me to work at her office and help her out. I love my mom, but I particularly love her office. Not only are her office hours overlap my sleeping hours (I stayed at her office till 1AM once), but it's unbearable at times. I would really enjoy babysitting on of my friend's younger sister because she's simply adorable, but his mother refuses to pay me. What a pity. Oh well, I still visit anyways.
It's sad how it's hard to convey my feelings into words. Beautifylove is a piece. A chunk. No. A shred of the accumlulated feelings that are shoved into this puny brain of mine. There are times I feel like I have so much of these abstract feelings that I can just explode into a million pieces. For some odd reason, my heart is heavy, wanting to shout, ramble, or simply say how it feels into thousands, millions, billions of words. But. It simply can't. My inability to speak is tortuous, consuming my soul and plunges me into this never ending cycle of happiness and insanity.
I'm sure many people have the same problem.
Levey made a good point about something that I'm always bothered/annoyed around my head. I don't nor can't understand nor see how I'm considered kind and caring. Really, isn't everyone like that? It's simply respect and following up to the golden rule. What do I do that makes people think the same way about Levey about me. I'm not trying to downplay myself to make myself appear better, but for the worse. I'm just any other ordinary person that is raised that way? I'm just too cynical. Or people just like to say that to flatter me.
SAT II scores are out in a couple of hours. Not cool!
After ordering the same dish twice, I think I learned my lesson to never get anything that has the word "sole." I'm sorry, but I don't find eating fish with a rich creamy sauce appetizing, which is pretty common in Hong Kong cafes. I always thought that there would be a grilled only sole available, but they always add the creamy sauce. Bleh. Actually, I'm not used to having seafood smothered with cream sauce in general, I normally eat them raw or grilled/cooked/fried/anything that is not smothered with creamy sauce.
I think Hong Kong is too ahead of me. I find that I'm more conservative when it comes to food, does that even make sense? It's weird really. I think it's the mix of cultures...I'm not used to the fact that Italian cuisine is mixed with a sense of neo-"Chinese" taste, or how the way they cook the filet mignon in a "French" style but really it's Hong Kong style. It's just different for me. I need to get used to it!
Enough of my I'm-not-used-to-this rambling. Anyways, I must say, Red Ant Cafe was not bad, besides the fact that I got the same dish that I didn't want. The environment is very small, yet personal and clean.
Red Ant Cafe @ Life Plaza
I really wish I had a part-time job. My mom has been nagging me to work at her office and help her out. I love my mom, but I particularly love her office. Not only are her office hours overlap my sleeping hours (I stayed at her office till 1AM once), but it's unbearable at times. I would really enjoy babysitting on of my friend's younger sister because she's simply adorable, but his mother refuses to pay me. What a pity. Oh well, I still visit anyways.
It's sad how it's hard to convey my feelings into words. Beautifylove is a piece. A chunk. No. A shred of the accumlulated feelings that are shoved into this puny brain of mine. There are times I feel like I have so much of these abstract feelings that I can just explode into a million pieces. For some odd reason, my heart is heavy, wanting to shout, ramble, or simply say how it feels into thousands, millions, billions of words. But. It simply can't. My inability to speak is tortuous, consuming my soul and plunges me into this never ending cycle of happiness and insanity.
I'm sure many people have the same problem.
Levey made a good point about something that I'm always bothered/annoyed around my head. I don't nor can't understand nor see how I'm considered kind and caring. Really, isn't everyone like that? It's simply respect and following up to the golden rule. What do I do that makes people think the same way about Levey about me. I'm not trying to downplay myself to make myself appear better, but for the worse. I'm just any other ordinary person that is raised that way? I'm just too cynical. Or people just like to say that to flatter me.
SAT II scores are out in a couple of hours. Not cool!
4 comments:
hehe..yeah, Red Ant was not bad >_<
hmm...i think as long as you like the way something tastes, doesn't matter if its different
stephy, we don't say those things to flatter you :P, you really are kind and caring and you really are special and different from anyone else ^_^ you can say that its your special personality and character that makes you different from anyone who is just "kind and caring" ^__^ i know i see you as a special person in my heart >_~
<3 Jono
P.S. T__T @ SAT Scores
well, i dont know. I realy think u are nice steph. Like during lunch when you're feeding other people (yummy food) or when u consider other people's feelings first. no, im not flattering. You have no idea how often people break the golden rule. i guess its just nice to see someone following it. Its what makes you special
anyways... lol, cream. next time maybe u should request no cream on ur sole. So much better for the soul
stephy i didn't know you had a blogspot! me and my sad little self thought i was the only one who had one. haha so sad.
anyway you've got some lovely food on this blog! =)
Wow. You took those words out of my mouth. Beside the whole sole thing. Come on. That creamy white sauce on sole is delicious! Maybe it's because I'm from Hong Kong. Or maybe - I Just like it. No. It has to be because I'm from Hong Kong. I really appericate you taking the time to talk about Hong Kong. (: I think anyone who does gets 10000+ cool points. ^^
Part-time job? Work with me! Scoop ice creammmmmmmmm. And they don't even let you sample so don't worry about getting fat. You can only sample if the manager isn't therhe. HAHAHAHA (:
True. Saying a blog is your thoughts and way of venting is such an understatment. Amen. Amen.
I got my SAT II scores. I did better than I expected.
Post a Comment