08 August 2007

Kampai for Happiness,

Up close and personal. Maybe too personal.

I have a tendency to limit how much I should write in blogs. I'm sure bloggers have the same problem too, unless they enable some kind of friends filter that enables only people that they know and trust to confide their true feelings against certain issues (haha and I was one of them!). I guess the reason why I wanted to create Beautify Love is that I was kind of sick of hiding things from readers and forcing them to grab a free ID on LiveJournal just so they can read my oh-so-pointless entries.

Despite the fact that I've kept a blog for about 3-4 years with subdomains, livejournal, and now blogspot, I'm not really sure I could define myself (one of those teenage self-identification crisis that seems overrated but atypical at the same time). If you ask me, "Who are you?" I would answer, "I am Stephanie K. Huang." However, Stephanie K. Huang is merely a label of my physical identification. I even took the nerve of writing a letter to myself, reminding myself to learn from my mistakes and the lessons that my family taught me.

What is wrong with me?

Anyways, I decided to do a meme and reveal the progress of which I have learned after losing someone.

Seven Definitive Facts About Stephanie
1. I'm a veryveryveryvery(!) difficult person to handle. Self-explanatory.
2. I don't believe there was a week when I would not cry. Haha, it's amusing that I'm such a crybaby. There for legitimate reasons mind you.
3. I'm having a very difficult time following God again. I was never a devoted Christian when I was in private school, and I guess I lost my faith around middle-early high school. But I've been praying and seldomly attending church, so there's improvement!
4. I rarely trust people. But when I do, I trust them with my life.
5. I'm an oddball out of my four siblings when it comes to interest. I sometimes feel that I was adopted from a family in Taiwan. It's ludicrous how my siblings are all Americanized while I still occupy myself in Asian interests.
6. (For once an optimistic note) I love to wrap my agenda that is provided by my high school every year. Sophomore year, I wrapped it with Starburst wrappers and junior year I wrapped it with an adorable Japanese stationary paper that I got from Taiwan. This year is a surprise! (well not really)
7. My favorite food is sushi! I have a particular liking for salmon and crunchy rolls.

T'was the night of July 27th that things started lighting up. I meant the charcoal. Just Kampai is a petite Japanese barbeque restaurant that seems isolate from the Chinese plaza not so far from it. Because that restaurant constantly changes managers (I vaguely recall the last restaurant that leased that vicinity was Fujiya), my family and I were never really crazy visiting that area and spend $10-$15 for what maybe a mediocre dinner. Because I had a get together with a couple of friends, Connie introduced us to the area and recommended their food.

Kampai was probably not the best restaurant that I've ever eaten, but it has definitely stepped up its plate. Not only is the environment nicely lighted, but the ambience and good service kept me satisfied.

We started with a boneless short rib. Although the meat was not marinated, seeing the lovely seasoned scallops made up for that. I was quite satisfied that the scallop tasted relatively fresh with its lovely white flesh.

Because many asian restaurants have lost their authenticity in America, Kampai is probably one of the few places to have a nice dinner at a decent price with a nice dark vibe to the side.

Just Kampai
18902 E. Gale Ave. #A
Rowland Heights, CA 91748
(626)854-3000

Don't worry about losing. If it is right, it happens - The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away.

-John Steinbeck, 10 November 1958

One lesson to learn. One less mistake made. At least I hope.

1 comment:

Jono said...

Hmm...maybe I'll try out that Kampai place someday...

Wow..pretty explicit facts about yourself..though I don't think liking sushi, going to church, and wrapping your agenda is something that's wrong with you...I don't think anything is wrong with you...

Different people just act differently in certain situations. Your unique personality makes you have different reactions under those circumstances, it doesn't makes you "wrong." Like I said, there's nothing wrong with you Stephy...

I do agree strongly that you trust people rarely and you do trust them with your life though ><
Jono
P.S. nice quote, just hope that's true as well..