This tingles the ocular and gustatory senses.Chunky yet soft, these almond cookies have a hint of cinnamon topped with a generous amount of melted white chocolate. I was pretty satisfied with the light sweetness unlike most of the typical over-saturated-with-sugar American cookies. I would normally eschew away from the packaged or bakery cookies found in the center aisle of the supermarket. No matter how cheap it is or how embellished the cookies are with the colored frostings and sugar-coated icings, I still find that one bite is equivalent to a teaspoon of sugar.
No, and it's not because I am too "Asian".
Despite the fact that many Asians don't particularly enjoy consuming American cakes and cookies, some use that "excuse" to their advantage. Many despise the American cuisine after eating one dinner at one restaurant, thinking that one mediocre restaurant makes all others the same. Living in a city where over half of the residents are Asian, I find this obstinate behavior particularly irksome. No, annoying. There are probably other cultures that behave the same way, lacking the broad-mindedness that is needed in America and continue to dwell in this limited perspective that can only lead to conflicts between cultures.
Well, that's enough about my trivial garrulous nature. Now on to college topics, how exciting.
So. I've visited UCLA and USC (do I sense irony in this?) campuses along with many other classmates in this tour program that is given in my SAT class. After seeing the buildings, listening to the tour guides, and taking many many pictures of the beautiful campuses, I started to feel nervous.
"Nervous about what? College is all about the independence and freedom from home that is endowed to you"
That's the thing that I'm worried about. I feel that I'm so attached to home and my family that I don't feel I can stay a week without being at home, eating home cooked meals, and playing with my dog. Not only is the freedom scaring me, but also the fear of failing classes. Although it is my dream to be accepted into the medical field, getting there is just the beginning.
I dislike insecurity. Be strong!
No, and it's not because I am too "Asian".
Despite the fact that many Asians don't particularly enjoy consuming American cakes and cookies, some use that "excuse" to their advantage. Many despise the American cuisine after eating one dinner at one restaurant, thinking that one mediocre restaurant makes all others the same. Living in a city where over half of the residents are Asian, I find this obstinate behavior particularly irksome. No, annoying. There are probably other cultures that behave the same way, lacking the broad-mindedness that is needed in America and continue to dwell in this limited perspective that can only lead to conflicts between cultures.
Well, that's enough about my trivial garrulous nature. Now on to college topics, how exciting.
So. I've visited UCLA and USC (do I sense irony in this?) campuses along with many other classmates in this tour program that is given in my SAT class. After seeing the buildings, listening to the tour guides, and taking many many pictures of the beautiful campuses, I started to feel nervous.
"Nervous about what? College is all about the independence and freedom from home that is endowed to you"
That's the thing that I'm worried about. I feel that I'm so attached to home and my family that I don't feel I can stay a week without being at home, eating home cooked meals, and playing with my dog. Not only is the freedom scaring me, but also the fear of failing classes. Although it is my dream to be accepted into the medical field, getting there is just the beginning.
I dislike insecurity. Be strong!
1 comment:
cookies! xD
yeah...we are in fact being too stereotypical..even with our food lol...
i remember when i was younger i didnt like Pho because my sister took me to this horrible Pho restaurant, but now, after eating a couple of times with some of my other friends, I actually like it a lot now ^_^
you may be nervous about college but hey, at least you're more aware of what's to come than others, at least you know what's to come and you're gonna be prepared for it
Jono
P.S. Be Strong! >< there will always be those who support you!
Post a Comment