28 July 2007

Mood Swings are like Assorted Flavors

Sweet, sour, or bitter. Your Pick.

I dub this the Korean version of the Chinese Bao Bing, but fruity style! The watermelon gives a refreshing touch behind the sweetness from the red bean and ice cream. A pity that that this cool dessert melts really quickly at room temperature.

Oh my goodness. This is a good summer. Wang Leehom (王力宏) and Nan Quan Mama (南拳媽媽)'s new albums released just a few weeks ago! I was really surprised when many people who reviewed on YesAsia.com were disappointed in Wang Leehom's new album because he didn't carry much of his "chinked-out" R&B/Hip Hop feeling from Shangri-La (心中的日月) and Heroes of the Earth (蓋世英雄) to his new album Change Me 改變自己. On the contrary, that's the reason why I didn't really like his past albums as much. In his new album , he revived most of his older style songs and actually sings! As much as I love Wang Leehom to the bottom of my heart, his rapping didn't captivate me as much as his talented vocal techniques.

Why does it seem like summer is slipping away like the Hi-Chew candies that I'm chewing away on? As each day lingers on, the older I feel. I know this is quite early, but I'm still under disbelief that I'm turning eighteen. You know, the big 1-8. Well, it might not be as big as a deal as being 21, since people that age can gamble legally in Vegas and drink like no tomorrow (of course, as long as they follow below the DUI scale). In a way, I do regret that I haven't lived my teenage years to the fullest. I only have about four months till I can vote and purchase tobacco, but I also lose alot of the excuses that I took advantage of as a child. It's amusing and randomly coincidental that my sister, my mom, and I are turning in a certain prime age. My sister is turning 21, my mom is turning 50, and I'm turning 18. What a shocker.

4 comments:

YY said...

I LOVE KOREAN BAO BING! (:

Wang Lee hom really cant rap in english. It sounds really bad. Sadly.

Wow everyone turning a year older, a year WISER. (: Dont be too sad. 18 going to be okay.

YY said...

FIRST. FINALLY. (:

Jono said...

Woo...Bao Bing in the summer for the win! *drools*

LOL @ Mandy

Anonymous said...

ahahaha... i forget that you're ooooold. :D ahahaha i'm turning 18 this year too, and i'm actually looking forward to it (license!!).

iunno... age is just a number to me... with my family, even though i'm the youngest, everyone thinks i'm the oldest, and the maturity levels of my siblings also make them seem younger..... -__-

you shouldn't worry so much!! you're still young! enjoy your life!!