Let's play hot potato.America's favorite vegetable is the potato. Unlike their green predecessors, potatoes are probably one of the most popular comfort food vegetables that no one can refuse. Filled with starch, it is no wonder that many people love potatoes for their rich smooth texture. However, I regret to say that I disagree with it. I like green colors. I love biting into things and be able to chew. I like purple colors too. Go eggplants!
Well, potatoes can probably be one the the top vegetables that I adore (after carrots, spinich, broccoli, beets, cabbage, and tomatoes...oh wait that's a fruit!). After all, it is practically an all purpose type of tubular. Smashed, chopped, deep fried, or steamed, it's great for any occasion.
Especially with that rich, sweet, creamy, yet artery-choking, butter.
Yes, butter. And olive oil!
Since we had a couple of bags of red and russet potatoes, my mother decided to have a potato fest. From baked potatoes to hash browns, we went crazy with the different dishes we can make out of these babies. Stirring up a new dish, I decided to grab some of the red potatoes we had and cook it with butter, olive oil, and garlic.
Garlic butter is the greatest thing ever. Besides it's overwhelming effect of bad breath.
I was quite satisfied with it's soft yet solid texture that is not too mushy. Also, the somewhat crispy surface gives a tangy garlic taste that was just satisfying. One thing that kind of bugged me though was the burned garlic. After all, garlic does burn out after cooking it under butter and olive oil for about forty minutes. Those poor little things!
Well, potatoes can probably be one the the top vegetables that I adore (after carrots, spinich, broccoli, beets, cabbage, and tomatoes...oh wait that's a fruit!). After all, it is practically an all purpose type of tubular. Smashed, chopped, deep fried, or steamed, it's great for any occasion.
Especially with that rich, sweet, creamy, yet artery-choking, butter.
Yes, butter. And olive oil!
Since we had a couple of bags of red and russet potatoes, my mother decided to have a potato fest. From baked potatoes to hash browns, we went crazy with the different dishes we can make out of these babies. Stirring up a new dish, I decided to grab some of the red potatoes we had and cook it with butter, olive oil, and garlic.
Garlic butter is the greatest thing ever. Besides it's overwhelming effect of bad breath.
I was quite satisfied with it's soft yet solid texture that is not too mushy. Also, the somewhat crispy surface gives a tangy garlic taste that was just satisfying. One thing that kind of bugged me though was the burned garlic. After all, garlic does burn out after cooking it under butter and olive oil for about forty minutes. Those poor little things!
I need a vacation!
2 comments:
mmm... i just LOVE potatoes. no matter what is done to them!! x9
*gasp* you decided to take physics!?!?!? why!? the physics classes at walnut suck (as you've prolly realized). :(
Potatoes are awesome xD!
T__T @ Phz...at least you have labs to look at and compare it with..sad thing is just not getting the concepts...which is why you should bring the textbook to 6th period!
I have a feeling, sooner or later, it will click into your mind and you'll eventually get it ^_^
T_______________T @ APPS!
-Jono
Post a Comment