
Wonderfully colored.
I find that utterly amazing that I made that all by myself. Gosh, it took me two tiresome hours to stir-fry, chop, and beat all those ingredients to two large dinner plates. But boy was I proud of how it came out *smiles*. I never knew that a few dashes of white pepper can skew the flavors into different directions! I like that. I was a little sad that we ran out of tomatoes since it would give the dish a nice warm color along with it's beneficial vitamins and antioxidants. I was freaking out while I was cooking the rice since there was too much rice and too little of the combinations. Without thinking, I just hurried and sliced three more slices of bologna and corn into the concoction to compensate for that imbalance. Then to finish it off, I sprinkled ever so gingerly the extra green onions that I saved for the last touch.Not only that, I spent another two hours cleaning around the house (tables, floors, etc.). Boy, was I dead after those hours of cleaning/cooking. It was kind of worth it since my mom gave me $20 for all that work (bleh, even though it's under minimum wage, it's better than nothing). Yay, I was pretty happy that I got that $20 and spent that for my sister's belated present since I haven't had the time nor the opportunity to go to the mall. I also helped out get Jono a pair of Puma shoes since his K-Swiss shoes are waiting to "retire".
I'm beginning to resent my summer. Not only is it simply boring, but it's simply busy. From Mondays to Fridays, I leave home around 10:00 AM and come home around 7:30PM. Because I was forced to enroll Elite Boot Camp, my schedule during the week is increasingly hectic by the day. After surviving just one week of torture and boredom, I don't know if I can handle it. Are daily homework is roughly:
- Critical Reading: Read a 7-page article and pass the quiz full of analysis question the next day, memorize 100 vocabulary flashcards and get quizzed every other day, and occasional practice SAT questions.
- Writing: Quizzes every other day and 20+ problems due the next day.
- Math: 40+ questions due the next day.
Since my parents knew that I had to get a car someday, we began searching for our family's future car. I was pretty bummed out that I couldn't get the Lexus IS250. Although it's within the price range that we were saving for, my mom was convinced that the new Camry is alot better since it's named "America's best sedan". Also, the back seat in the IS is extremely squishy, even a person my size would have a uncomfortable ride. Since I have to take my brothers to school next year, it would suck sitting in the back. One can barely fit his/her backpack in the back. To top it off, I didn't want my dad to fuss over the fact that we got another luxury car. The moment my sister drove in her new Mercedes C240, my dad was yelling his head off.
Since my mom wanted to look at the Honda Accord, she, my sister, and I drove over to the Honda dealer in Diamond Bar and test drove it. My my, the brake and gas pedal was extremely sensitive, even more reactive than my sister's Mercedes C240. The back was quite spacious though.
Well, even though I won't get the car of my dreams (that we potentially can afford), there were some reasons that made sense after some thinking. Besides the reasons two paragraphs above, it's also the self-image. Getting Lexus IS would show one is pretty spoiled. Also, getting a really nice new car also means keeping a "low-profile". I guess getting a typical car like the Honda or the Toyota will keep one from getting pulled over numerous amounts of times because of the discrimination. Also, I wouldn't have to feel too guilty for crashing it (after crashing my mom's Mercedes S500, I was VERY guilty finding out how much the accident cost).
So, help me out here. I have the choice to either take my sister's C240 or get the new Camry. You wanna help me choose? Reason why I don't really favor the Camry is because it looks like a bulging rhino. I heard from my sister and Clarice that it's very roomy and quiet. I really like my sister's car since I'm already used how it works and it has a nice spoiler in the back.
4 comments:
The fried rice was awesome ^_^ thanks again Stephy
Also, thanks again for helping me out with the shoes i really like the look myself xD
T_T @ IS250...GET THE C240!!
<3 Jono
OMGOSH. We have to cook together sometime. Okay? (:
Heck I don't get paid even if I do clean around the house. It's becuase I live here I'm "supposed to". ): 20 bucks sounds good.
Elite boot camp is a joke. They dont really expelle you. Trust me. -.-" I got more than 4 in a week. Hahahahahahaha! Okay ): I'm a really bad student. But yeah they don't.
Mercedes C240! Mercedes C240! Mercedes C240!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...I want a mercedes. My brother took the Accord. -cries-
The fried rice looks wonderful!
As for the car, it really is a hard decision. Do you know which Camry model your mom wants to get? For now, I'd say Camry because a quiet car where you don't have to blast your music and make yourself deaf is nice (I'm so "old-fashioned" when it comes to music in the car). And it's quite roomy and if I remember cleary, the seats aren't squishy at all~
hmm... get the C240
even tho the camry is new, u dont want a car that looks like a rhino, do you? besides your not used to the camry and u seem to be very anti-camry right now, lol
Post a Comment